- To provide investors with liquid investment strategies that take advantage of global macroeconomic trends and distortions.
- To preserve the real purchasing power of investor capital.
- To use unconventional wisdom in the development of investment themes.
- To generate unique investments that benefit from environmental catalysts at the macro level rather than simply at an equity screening level.
- Outperform both the S&P 500 and the Credit Suisse Global Macro Index over a 5-year rolling time horizon.
GLOBAL MACRO STRATEGY
Global macro investing is the investment across markets and instruments that present the best opportunity, based on the analysis of factors such as interest rates, government policies, the flow of funds, and other broad systemic components. It may involve taking positions in currencies, debt, equities, commodities or other derivatives. With over 150 global markets, global macro stands alone in its ability to diversify investments. The Global Macro Strategy’s primary focus in on the misallocation of financial and natural resources as a result of global government intervention in markets.
The strategy invests in assets that are resistant to dilution by central banks. The analysis includes robust reviews of global monetary policy past and present. In addition, intensive fundamental research is used for identifying investments and the use of technical indicators for refinement of entry and exit opportunities. Investments are made across multiple asset classes as well as multiple time horizons for diversification and maximization of investment opportunities.
Each investment strategy begins with a top-down approach beginning with the world’s central banks and their respective economies. Filtering down to individual sectors and asset classes, investments are identified that provide sustainable fundamental growth with limited downside. The analysis is further refined towards sourcing the best risk/reward trade expression. Finally, strict controls for risk management are adhered to for optimizing profits.